Monday, February 15, 2010

It time for a Torendi Highlight...

Happy Monday to you all and Happy Presidents Day!  Now if these two factors don't get you excited how about some Fabric!  I would like to show you one of the three fabric lines you can find in the store, its the Knit "Pinocchio" Fabric. Now I haven't seen a rendition of this tale I haven't liked yet and this fabric gives us a nice abridged version minus several hundred words. Being a picture person this is right up my alley.
I happened upon a mini photo album hidden in the deepest darkest depths of my crafting cupboard, needless to say it was a sad sight to behold.  With this fabric and some TLC I was able to give this album a mini lift so to speak:


Here is a closeup of the magnetic clasp on the wrap around strap of the book:

 



I also wanted to have a go at the whole Mod Podge treatment to stiffen the fabric so I would not only be able use my die-cuts on them but I also hoped I would be able to use my embossing folders and as luck would have it it worked!  I found that Earth Love from the Joy Kit and My Boyfriend from Cosmo Cricket plays well with the fabric. Here are two cards I created by cutting out scenes from the fabric and  adding some extras from stashes around the house.
I am starting to get into buttons and was thrilled to hear that very soon we will be selling some fantastic buttons from Cosmo Cricket.

Close up of the embossing:

 

Another detail of embossing:

 
   
Well, I hope you found some inspiration in these creations . I just love having the opportunity to play with these supplies as I know you will too! Until next time. Beth

4 comments:

  1. How Cute!. Love the Photo Album

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I love your use of texture with the fabric! It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is so cool! The fabric embossing is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete