Welcome Amy Anderson, our Guest Designer, from Mod Podge Rocks!!!
Every Friday, we will feature a Mod Podge/Torendi project on our blog and Amy will feature a Mod Podge/Torendi project on Mod Podge Rocks. AND, every week we will be giving away FREE Mod Podge Starter Packs. At the end of the month, Amy will choose one commenter to win a FREE stash of Torendi Fabric!
Be sure to check out Amy's blog today for her Mod Podge/Torendi Mash-up!
Here's my (it's Tiff, BWT) Mod Podge/Torendi Mash-up:
For my canvas project, imagine, I incorporated many fun techniques that I learned from Claudine Hellmuth at her CHA workshop! And, I finished the canvas and the chipboard clouds with Sparkle Mod Podge, which is included in the weekly giveaway!
- Large Rectangular Canvas
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints: Classic Teal, Gesso, Glossy Multi-Medium, Extra-time
- Claudine Hellmuth Sticky-back Canvas
- Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride 6x6 pad and chipboard
- Sparkle Mod Podge
- Zip Dry and Foam Tape
- Ribbons and Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
- Ranger Mane Comb (for the swirled texture)
- Transfer onto back of Sticky-Back Canvas-peel backing off sticky-back canvas, burnish scrapbook paper using scraper, heavily mist, and rub paper off revealing image
- Extra Time Faux Paste Paper- Apply a thick coat of gesso to canvas, use comb to create texture, and dry. Then using 3:1 Extra Time and Paint, apply over dry canvas.
- Mod Podge Sparkle Finish- When step 2 is completely dry, apply thin coat of Mod Podge Sparkle to entire canvas and chipboard clouds.
- Ribbon Tags- Fold ribbon in half, place behind photo, and staple in place.
The Torendi Setters will be posting Torendi projects using Mod Podge throughout the month, so be sure to check them out!
Leave a comment and you could win THIS: